Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It Started with a Stitch

I'm a big fan of headbands for my little girl, as some of you already know, I'm always looking for cute and unique headbands for my daughter Mia, and if I find a shop that carries something for my son too its even better. Today we are featuring It Started With A Stitch , Jessica has super cute  handmade headbands and Bowties.       


 
 I love the idea that It Started With A Stitch not only offers girly hairs products but also offers something cool for boys.
 

We received the blue lace bow which I love! Is very unique and classic. I'm a huge fan of lace and what better way to have lace than in a beautiful headband. I love handmade shops and Jessica from It Started With A Stitch is doing super cute things for the little ones.

Jessica was sweet enough to offer 20% to all of our readers. When purchasing your items remember to put the code TRENDY20 and you will have this awesome discount.
 
We invite you all to see more of this beautiful shop and join their Instagram
 
 
 
Behind  It Started With A Stitch
 
 
1. Tell us a little bit about It Started With a Stitch e.g. Materials you like to work with, trends, etc.
 
I love to work with cotton fabric. It's so versatile. You can make anything out of it and it's such a low maintenance fabric. Right now, I'm into anything with stripes and gingham. I love the navy blues and cream colored fabric. I tend to gravitate to those colors. You may notice that in my shop. I have a lot of blues and if you would look into my closet at home....guess what color most of my clothes are?! :) However, if there is a color or pattern that you don't see, please message me and I can always do a custom order. Those are actually my favorite orders because it lets me see what other people are interested in. 
 
 
2. Who is behind It Started With a Stitch  ? e.g. tell us a bit about the owner and the reason why It Started With a Stitch stared.
 
Hello! My name is Jessica. I'm a Registered Nurse turned into a stay-at-home mom. My passion in sewing started when I was child. My mother made all my dresses when I was a toddler. I would watch her and make my dolls their own pillows as my mother made my dress. It wasn't until I took a home ec class in Jr. High that I got hooked on sewing. I can make pretty much anything, but I have focused my sewing creations to my children for now. This is when I created, it started with a stitch. Right now the shop includes children accessories ranging from bows, bow ties to ties. I'm hoping in the future I can include my pillowcases and handmade home decor. I'm hoping the shop will grow with me as my children get older and as I am in different stages in my life. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment