Thursday, February 19, 2015

Brody's 579

A couple of days ago, we received a Gluten-Free chocolate muffin mix and a Gluten-Free banana chip muffin mix from Brodys579 . First I have to say that their products are delicious. I baked all the time for my kids and I was really happy to try these gluten-free muffin mix. The banana chip muffins are my favorite.



Brodys579 was founded by Kathy Schwartz, a Registered Dietitian, when she found out that Brody her nephew, was diagnosed with Celiac disease at 18 months. Brodys579 was named after her nephew. This amazing brand was born so that no one would ever feel left out.

   
 
Brodys579 mixes are super easy to make, each mix only requires adding one or two ingredients such as applesauce or bananas. Each mix is Certified Gluten Free and many mixes are nut, dairy and soy-free as well. If you are looking for a healthier option for your children or for you, I totally recommend these amazing products to everybody.






We invite you all to see more of this awesome  Brand and join their Twitter and Facebook





Behind Brodys579




1. Tell us a little bit about Brodys579

Brody is my nephew who was diagnosed with Celiac disease at 18 months.  He had lost weight and was throwing up when he would eat. With Celiac, Brody always has to have separate food when we get together.  My family was coming for Christmas and I wanted to have something we could all eat together.  I started to experiment on my own kids with different recipes.  When I found one that they couldn't tell was gluten free, I knew we had something good.
Brodys 579 is Brody's name and "579" is the ICD-9 diagnostic code for Celiac Disease. 
My sister in law said you can't buy muffins this good and encouraged us to sell at  Farmer's Markets.  Brodys 579 did sell at Farmer's Markets in 2012. I tried to ship the muffins to friends in other states but they just didn't hold up.  The dry mixes were developed so that people around the country can enjoy the muffins. We started baking for a local grocery chain and now we bake and make mixes for over 15 stores!
 

2Who is behind Brodys579 ? e.g. tell us a bit about the owner and the reason why Brodys579 stared
 
I, Kathy Schwartz, a Registered Dietitian, started Brody's 579 so that no one would be left out of a meal.  
Meals are to be eaten together, everyone can eat these muffins and no one is left out.  Even if you don't eat gluten free you will like these because they don't taste gluten free.
 
 

3. Tell us a little bit about the products
 
 We have 7 different muffin mixes, blueberry, cranberry, apple cinnamon, pumpkin, chocolate, banana and banana chip, a chocolate chip cookie mix, a flax flat bread mix and almond baguette mix. 
I'm always working on more products too.
 

4.What is one of your biggest goals for this year?
 
 One of my big goals for the year is to have my products available in Whole Foods.  

No comments:

Post a Comment